Our Physio Specialists
All physios are trained to work with a similar philosophy, so that many patients are happy to see more than one physiotherapist and receive the same standard of treatment.
See below for a short bio of each of our professional staff.
Director & Senior Physiotherapist
- Over a decade of Physiotherapy experience working in private practice, rehabilitation hospital and with numerous sporting teams.
- Physiotherapist for Australia Maccabi Pan-American Games Team, Victoria Women’s Lacrosse Team, Victoria Titans Women’s Softball Team, Sandringham Dragons NAB Girls Team and North Caulfield Maccabi Football Club.
- Doctorate of Physiotherapy (Bond University). Sports Physiotherapy Level 2 Qualified. ASCA Level 1 Qualified. Honours in Sport & Exercise Science (Deakin University). Bachelor of Applied Science -Human Movement (Deakin University).
- Special interest in neck and spine injuries, sporting injuries, strength and conditioning and working with young athletes.
- Husband to Aimee and Father to Noah (4) and Brody (3). Hawks fanatic, exercise enthusiast and all round nice guy!
- One of the most sought-after Sports Physiotherapists in Melbourne
- Bernie has run his own practice since 1991, and established The Joint Physiotherapy (known then as Proactive Physiotherapy) in 2002.
- APA Sports Physiotherapist Title Holder
- Current Australian Men’s National Softball Team Physiotherapist
- Worked 6 years at AFL level with Melbourne and Richmond
- Held Physiotherapist position for The South Dragons in the NBL.
- Especially enjoys accurately diagnosing and successfully treating the more challenging problems that others have missed or misdiagnosed.
- Loves his Family, following the Tigers, a hit of squash and travelling the outdoors
- Japanese native, Aussie trained physio.
- Doctor of Physiotherapy (Melbourne University). Bachelor of Biomedicine (Melbourne University).
- Physiotherapist for Victoria Storm Touch Football Team, North Caulfield Maccabi Football Club and Australian Beach Ultimate Frisbee Team
- Over 5 years of private sector experience developing expertise in musculoskeletal, sports and occupational physiotherapy.
- Enjoys treating people from various sports and cultural backgrounds using evidence-based hand on and rehabilitative exercises.
- Dates his beautiful girlfriend Yuka and enjoys basketball, baseball, soccer, rugby & kendo
- Extensive experience in Sport, Spinal and Post-Operative Physiotherapy across private practices in Melbourne as well as two years working in musculo-skeletal outpatients in London.
- Physiotherapy Degree (Melbourne University)
- Has played soccer at State League 1 level and has provided physiotherapy services to numerous teams across the VAFA, State League Soccer and cricket teams.
- Special interest in the diagnosis and management of hip and groin pain as well as running and cycling related injuries.
- Provides professional, in-clinic ‘Cycling Set-Ups’
- A Richmond fan who loves travelling with his partner Bianca, cycling and believes music reached its pinnacle in the 1970s.
Physiotherapist & Practice Manager
- Well-known to patients of The Joint Physiotherapy having worked on reception while studying her degree
- Graduated Physiotherapy with Honours (Monash University)
- Physiotherapist for Sandringham Dragons Football Club Girls NAB League
- Trained and certified in DMA MBCT Clinical Pilates and runs our Group Physiotherapy Sessions
- Current State League 1 Soccer player and former State-Level Gymnast for 10 years
- Special interest in Sports injuries, return to sport rehabilitation and treating female athletes of all ages
- Enjoys keeping fit at the gym, challenging herself at yoga and loves spending time with family and travelling around Australia