Our Physio Specialists
All physios are trained to work with a similar philosophy, so that many patients are happy to see more than one physiotherapist and receive the same standard of treatment.
See below for a short bio of each of our professional staff.
Director & Senior Physiotherapist
- Over a decade of Physiotherapy experience working in private practice, rehabilitation hospital and with numerous sporting teams.
- Physiotherapist for Australia Maccabi Pan-American Games Team, Victoria Women’s Lacrosse Team, Victoria Titans Women’s Softball Team, Sandringham Dragons NAB Girls Team and North Caulfield Maccabi Football Club.
- Doctorate of Physiotherapy (Bond University). Sports Physiotherapy Level 2 Qualified. ASCA Level 1 Qualified. Honours in Sport & Exercise Science (Deakin University). Bachelor of Applied Science -Human Movement (Deakin University).
- Special interest in neck and spine injuries, sporting injuries, strength and conditioning and working with young athletes.
- Husband to Aimee and Father to Noah (6) and Brody (4). Hawks fanatic, exercise enthusiast and all round nice guy!
- One of the most sought-after Sports Physiotherapists in Melbourne
- Bernie has run his own practice since 1991, and established The Joint Physiotherapy (known then as Proactive Physiotherapy) in 2002.
- APA Sports Physiotherapist Title Holder
- Current Australian Men’s National Softball Team Physiotherapist
- Worked 6 years at AFL level with Melbourne and Richmond
- Held Physiotherapist position for The South Dragons in the NBL.
- Especially enjoys accurately diagnosing and successfully treating the more challenging problems that others have missed or misdiagnosed.
- Loves his Family, following the Tigers, a hit of squash and travelling the outdoors
- Japanese native, Aussie trained physio.
- Doctor of Physiotherapy (Melbourne University). Bachelor of Biomedicine (Melbourne University).
- Physiotherapist for Victoria Storm Touch Football Team, North Caulfield Maccabi Football Club and Australian Beach Ultimate Frisbee Team
- Over 5 years of private sector experience developing expertise in musculoskeletal, sports and occupational physiotherapy.
- Enjoys treating people from various sports and cultural backgrounds using evidence-based hand on and rehabilitative exercises.
- Dates his beautiful girlfriend Yuka and enjoys basketball, baseball, soccer, rugby & kendo
Physiotherapist & Practice Manager
- Well-known to patients of The Joint Physiotherapy having worked on reception while studying her degree
- Graduated Physiotherapy with Honours (Monash University)
- Trained and certified in DMA MBCT Clinical Pilates, GLA:D Australia and runs our Group Physiotherapy Sessions
- Current State League 1 Soccer player and former State-Level Gymnast for 10 years
- Special interest in Sports injuries, return to sport rehabilitation and treating female athletes of all ages
- Enjoys cooking, keeping fit, challenging herself at yoga and loves spending time with family and travelling around Australia
- Graduated from Monash University with a Bachelor of Physiotherapy (Honours)
- Currently works as a trainer with St Kilda FC in both the AFL and AFLW teams
- Completed a physiotherapy internship with Melbourne Victory and has previously worked with Brisbane Lions FC, Victorian men’s netball team and Under 15s Victorian Hockey team
- Former Australian team member in trampolining and has held national and state titles in trampolining, cheerleading and acrobatics leading to a love for working with sporting injuries and rehabilitation
- In her spare time, Emily can be found hunting down Melbourne’s best dumplings