GLA:D – Good Life with Arthritis: Denmark
GLA:D is an education and exercise program developed by researchers in Denmark for people with hip and/or knee osteoarthritis (OA). Tamar is accredited in this revolutionary new program and we’re excited to now be offering it.
What does the program involve?
- An initial consultation explaining the program and assessing for suitability.
- Two education sessions.
- Physio supervised group training sessions twice a week for six weeks (12 total)
- 3-month follow-up assessment
What are the benefits of the program?
Research from the GLA:D Program in Denmark found symptom progression reduced by 32%. Other outcomes included:
- Less pain
- Reduced use of pain medication
- Increased levels of physical activity
- Reduction is perceived need for surgical intervention
What conditions can the program help with?
The GLA:D Hip and Knee Program is designed for all individuals who experience any hip and/or knee osteoarthritis symptoms, regardless of severity. You may participate in the GLA:D Hip and Knee Program if you have a hip and/or knee joint problem that resulted in visiting a healthcare provider.
For further information check out the GLA:D Australia website https://gladaustralia.com.au/
Alternatively, give us a call on 9528 2233 to find out more, book in for an assessment or to join one of our information sessions.